- Chetak is now available in New Delhi, Mumbai and Goa.
- 12 new cities across India have been added in 6 weeks this year.
- Chetak can be booked online by paying Rs 2000 at www.chetak.com
Pune, 17th Feb 2022:
Bajaj Auto, the world’s most valuable two-wheeler company, has doubled the Chetak network in the first 6 weeks of 2022, adding New Delhi, Mumbai, and Goa to the list of locations where it is available. This unique, all-metal body electric scooter can now be booked in 20 cities, with a waiting period of 4 – 8 weeks. Customers can make online bookings exclusively at www.chetak.com for an easy and seamless experience.
Bajaj Auto had previously opened bookings for the Chetak in 8 cities during 2021. During the first six weeks of 2022, bookings for the Chetak have been opened in an additional 12 cities – Coimbatore, Madurai, Kochi, Kozhikode, Hubli, Visakhapatnam, Nashik, Vasai, Surat, Delhi, Mumbai and Mapusa. With the addition of Delhi and Mumbai, Chetak now enters two of India’s largest markets for electric vehicles. Bajaj Auto recently announced an investment of ₹ 300 Cr to ramp up its electric vehicle production capacity as well.
Commenting on the occasion, Mr Rakesh Sharma, Executive Director, Bajaj Auto said,
“Chetak’s success has been built on the quality of a thoroughly tested, dependable product. An on-ground network of sales and service reduces the anxiety of a customer venturing into an unfamiliar category such as electric scooters. Our plan is to double Chetak’s network in the coming few weeks to accommodate the high demand.”
Built for a greener and cleaner tomorrow, the Chetak electric scooter needs minimal maintenance, with a service interval of 12,000 kilometres or one year (whichever is earlier) and a battery warranty of 3 years or 50,000 kilometres (whichever is earlier).
The Chetak is available in four eye-catching colours – Indigo Metallic, Velutto Rosso, Brooklyn Black and Hazelnut.
Chetak comes equipped with exciting features such as:
- Fully rechargeable (100%) battery in 5 hours, with a quick charge capability of 25% in 60 minutes. Once fully charged, it has a range of 90 kilometres in Eco Mode (as per AIS 040).
- Elegantly streamlined design, boasting precision engineering, achieved through flawless manufacturing processes making it a global standard in electric scooters.
- Only high-speed electric two-wheeler made from steel, featuring flush-fit panels for a harmonious visual appearance. Additional features include an IP67 water resistance rating and a beltless solid gear drive.
- Features three riding modes (including a reverse mode), enabling the rider to easily navigate traffic.
- Integrated LED headlamps with signature ‘horseshoe’ DRLs and sequential LED blinkers improve visibility under any conditions.
- myChetak App (if enabled with data), allows owners to receive notifications in case of unauthorized access or an accident.