Technical Details: –
Size and capacity
|Main compartment||24x9x12 – 42L|
|Expansion||6x9x7 – 12L|
|Water Bottle pockets||5x2x7.5 x 2 – 2.5L|
|Flap Pocket||1x9x15 – 2L|
|Tool Kit Compartment||12x9x2 x 2 – 7L|
|Back Pockets||5.5x6x2 x2 – 2L|
|Fuel Can Compartment||4x9x7 – 4L|
|Fabric||1000D Ully Coated Nylon (pure)|
|Inner Lining||Non coated nylon|
|Raincovers||100% pure virgin rubber coated nylon ( Made in Taiwan)|
|Fittings||FF and KB Company ISO mark ( Made In India)|
|Zippers and runners YKK 5no and 8no|
|Stitching||Juki brothers made in Japan machines only|
|Thread||Quartz Pure nylon 40no 6 ply thread|
|Stitch||15 stitch per inch|
|Padding ( front and back )||10mm Hitlon on both sides and hard casing fiber in the middle total length 11-12mm|
|Side Padding||5mm Hitlon and 1mm hard casing fiber covered in Taffeta fabric cover|
|Tool kit pockets front side padding 5mm hitlon and hard case fiber|
|Belts 1’’ and 1.5’’||Woven Nylon|
Thinking behind it :-
While designing this bag we were aware of the fact that almost all other brands have a similar shape and size bag at extremely competitive pricing, while it’s the shape and size which makes it universal and multi functional no one can exploit the potential as fully as we have! We decided to leave no stone un turned while giving it the maximum possible storage and as many as specific use compartments as possible and leave no space unused..
A bag which can fit ANY BIKE with a back seat is worth calling truly universal! Right from KTM to Himalayan to interceptor this bags base has been made to fit them all! With 1000 Denier Ully coated fabric ( same as used in jackets) to rightly placed reflectives ( experience from highway trials) to our toughest challenge, how to carry a fuel can safely over the seat near the riders height.. In the next part we have explained the precise thinking and intention behind each and every feature;-
1. Tool kit compartments :- While very few bikers carry a comprehensive tool kit, up in the mountains or on the long way home mechanical failure or puncture can happen to anyone anywhere, the 2 sections can hold your spanner set, screwdriver set and heads and all equipment required to remove your tyre, the hard cased stiff back support ensures that the weight does not lean on the sides while on off roads or cornering, with double stitched elastic straps to hold them and hard cased front with hinge type belts ensures a comfortable workspace to work on your bike without having to dig through the bag or worrying about something falling down!
PLEASE NOTE… The front side of the tool kit compartment has been made in such a way to ensure that combustible items like chain sprays perfumes etc WIll NOT FIT please do not keep items which are inflammable or can burst on impact or compressed aerosol sprays there.
2. The front side ( backrest side) :- This side has been designed specifically keeping in mind the requirements of a tourer, The 40D foam backrest is covered internally by a waterproof fabric layer and then the nylon foam net, the inner lining protects the foam from weather conditions ensuring a long life.. The two water bottle pockets have been made in such a way that our normal one Liter bottles home use or commercially available ones will fit regardless, they have been kept to the sides to ensure that they do not come in the way of the backrest but also are reachable without having to dismount. The moll straps loops too have been placed in such a way that they ensure that the bag remains fitted , the cord doesn’t move and does not interfere with the rider
The back side :- The back side design has come into being after a considerable number of factors were taken into consideration. Firstly the fuel can has been placed there as it is the safest place to carry fuel if necessary, it doesn’t hit the ground on impact, in case of fuel leakage it is as far as possible from the engine or exhaust, the drain hole ensures water doesn’t remain in the compartment , when fitted properly the strap ensures that the can is tied down and does not move or affect the bikes balance, the expansions have reflective strips as well, it was observed during our night highway tests that the bag essentially blocks our jackets reflective and during overtaking we realized that the corners were not as visible as they should be. The first aid kit has been placed at current location after a lot of thought.. Its visibility is necessary for the person behind you , the other generic pocket has been designed to hold a battery operated air pump.
4. The top side :- The top side flap has been made stiff for specific reasons, firstly it provides a stable base for putting extra luggage like tents etc and secondly it provides shape retention to the rest of the bag as it was not feasible to put padding on the base that fits the bike because it would have interfered with the base taking the seats shape.. While it was possible to add another compartment below the flap on the inner side we chose against it as it would have made closing the bag difficult when fully filled as the padding prevents overstuffing and flexibility.
5. The base :- The base has been crafted after taking measurements of innumerable bikes. It might seem at the beginning that the base is small as compared to the seat, the logic behind it being the base is the only part of the bag which will puff up after being completely filled, therefore if say someone was using the bag with side luggage’s like panniers or saddle bag ( any Brand ) they would have come in the way of using the side luggage’s while they were mounted on the bike . While the fabric on the base is PVC backed Polyester it is hard and soft at the same time in sufficient measures, while it provides a stable base without the fully filled bag coming in the way of sitting on the bike it also doesn’t stop the bag from taking the shape of the seat. The expansions have been measured taking into account extreme upswing exhausts.. The drain holes are given on the expansion side only as the seat part will be blocked on mounting. Also the size of the base is such that main luggage side will not come out from the seat but the expansions would be without hindrance.
6. The First Aid Kit :- The first aid kit has been given complementary with the bag because we want to promote the habit.. Accidents can happen anywhere.. As they say dress for the ride and prepare for the slide. The kit has been made for basic injuries only all materials are over the counter stuff out of which only oral hydration salts are consumable all other stuff is for external application only with its specific uses explained on the packets. Please read instructions before application.
7. Padding :- The padding has been designed keeping some very specific requirements in mind. The padding consists of 2 layers of 10mm hitlon on both sides with hard casing fiber in the middle. The thick padding prevents the bag from collapsing , nullifies the weight movement in case bag is not fully filled or improperly filled, prevents damage to luggage in case of crash.
Internal dry bag sold separately