- Partners with Indo German Chamber of Commerce for conducting DIHK (Deutscher Industrie-und Handelskammertag) Dual Training Course and Examinations
- Partners with National Council for Vocational Training to conduct the All India Trade Test and National Apprenticeship Certificate
- Part of SAVWIPL’s endeavor / mission to build a skilled workforce with mechatronics competencies over the next 5 to10 years
- Applications invited for the 10th batch of the elite ‘Mechatronics Program’
Pune, July 27, 2020:
ŠKODA AUTO Volkswagen India Private Limited (ŠAVWIPL),
the Indian entity that represents/manages five of the world’s most desirable automotive brands (SKODA Auto, Volkswagen, AUDI, Porsche and Lamborghini), invites applications for the 10th batch of its prestigious Mechatronics 2021 programme. Highly engaging and educative, the programme is targeted at high school graduates and workers displaced from low-skilled jobs and enables them with new-age skill sets in the automotive sector. The company has partnered with Indo German Chamber of Commerce for awarding the DIHK certificate on completion of the course and examinations, and with National Council for Vocational Training to conduct the All India Trade Test.; Applications are invited from students and professionals who are seeking a viable pathway to lucrative employment in the auto sector. 16 apprentices will be selected from the list of applicants. The programme has trained over 140 mechatronics professionals since its inception in 2011.
The intensive three-and-a-half-year programme aims at enhancing the skills of apprentices in the area of mechatronics engineering which includes mechanical, electrical, electronics and information technology. The apprentices will be empowered with on-the-job work experience at ŠAVWIPL to gain practical knowledge and hands-on experience in areas like production, maintenance, planning, quality assurance and research & development. Additionally, there will be classroom sessions in specialised trade schools including Project assignments. These candidates will spend 70 percent of their time in the workplace under the supervision of ŠAVWIPL certified trainers, and 30 percent in the classroom.
Mr. Sarma Chillara, Group Head, HR & Administration, ŠKODA AUTO Volkswagen India Private Limited said
“Mechatronics 2021 is our endeavour to equip young professionals with the desired skillsets to deliver in the fast-changing automotive sector. It has been designed keeping in mind the increasing complexity of production processes, which demand a skilled workforce with expertise in mechanics, electronics and informatics, as well as in other modern automation technologies. We are confident that the programme will go a long way in upskilling young Indian talent and making them future-ready ”.
The Mechatronics 2021 Programme is part of the Group’s global initiative based on a unique training methodology with the use of advanced technology. It has been developed on Germany’s dual-track vocational training program that offers supervised training to up-skill and re-skill talent. It also provides global exposure to apprentices to work in other economies including Germany, China and Brazil.
The last date to enrol for the programme is 07th August 2021 and the online aptitude/skill test will be conducted on 14th August 2021.
Application regulations and forms can be accessed from the following link: https://www.skoda-vw.co.in/career-opportunites/
ŠKODA AUTO Volkswagen India Private Limited:
- Headquartered in Pune, ŠKODA AUTO Volkswagen India Private Limited (SAVWIPL) is the new company that represents passenger vehicle entities of Volkswagen Group in India
- SAVWIPL has been formed following the merger of Volkswagen India Private Limited (VWIPL), ŠKODA AUTO India Private Limited (SAIPL), and Volkswagen Group Sales India Private Limited (NSC).
- The combined entity oversees the business operations of five brands – ŠKODA, Volkswagen, Audi, Porsche and Lamborghini – in India
- SAVWIPL operates two manufacturing facilities – at Chakan, Pune and Shendra, Aurangabad and employs over 4,400 people across functions and locations in India.
- The launch of the ŠKODA brand in India in 2001 heralded the entry of the Volkswagen Group into the country
- Volkswagen and Audi made their India debut in 2007 while Porsche and Lamborghini followed in 2012
- SAVWIPL is committed to India and will continue to serve Indian customers with an array of desirable, high-quality automobiles that reflect the needs of the Indian customer and their aspirations
- Read and know more about SAVWIPL at https://skoda-vw.co.in/